Saturday 18 February 2017

1) Double page spread analysis

Today I am going to be analysing this double page spread. I don't know which magazine this is by, but it seems like it should be a Country music magazine as Carrie Underwood is a country  artist.                                                                      I can only see 3 main colours throughout this double page spread and they are grey, white and yellow. Country music magazines usually use quite bland colours meaning it's describing the genre using colours. As country music is quite southern and sometimes hard to understand, that's what the colours are implying.
Like this magazine, I am only having a few main colours which are going to be pale blue, black and grey. I chose these colours because like I said in the paragraph above, that because country music magazines don't usually involve a lot of colour, they revolve around a couple specific colours which is what makes it unique.
The main image used is a picture of Carrie Underwood. This is because the article is revolving around her. She's the main focus of the magazine. There doesn't seem to be a lot of images on this double page spread. There is a main picture of Carrie and a picture of a daisy in the top right hand corner. This can resemble the artist as Daisies mean pureness because of the colour, they represent happiness just like what Carrie does for her fans, she makes them happy.
For my double page spread, I am going to be using a big image, not as big as this one, but still a fairly large one so that it fills a bit of room. On the other hand, I am not going to be using a flower or anything for my magazine, I am going to be using a different image, a one of 2 artists, one of the artists is the one who is on my double page spread for the main image.
The placement of the image is quite ironic as the whole of the left page of this double page spread is dedicated to Carrie Underwood. This means that she is that important that she has a whole page to herself. However, all of the writing is on the right side of this double page spread. A lot of other magazines that I have looked at (will be included later) the writing has always been on the left side of the double page, not the right.
I will be placing my image on the right side of the double page spread and it is kind of going onto the other side with my separate image just above it. However, my article is going to be written on the left side of the double page spread and some of it will be going into the picture over the other side of the page. By doing this, it means that not only is there more room for more writing, but the writing is bigger and it looks more presentable.

No comments:

Post a Comment